This is my third post regarding my lost passports:
- One is how and why I lost it, read it here: https://notflataspancake.com/2018/03/25/i-lost-my-passports-what-to-do-when-you-lose-your-passport-in-seoul-south-korea/
- The other is how to replace your lost valid Philippine e-Passport: https://notflataspancake.com/2018/03/27/how-to-replace-your-lost-valid-philippine-e-passport/
Anyway for those who have a valid US Visa and have lost it together with either your current or old passport, here is what you would need to do:
- Prepare the following documents:
- If you have lost it in another country – photo copy your Travel Document, your police report (in English) from the country you lost it and the Affidavit of Lost/Mutilated Passport (but do note that this is written in Filipino)
- Affidavit of Loss and have it notarized
- Police Report here in the Philippines
- Copy of your US Visa passport page – do note that this would help you identify your control number
- Copy of your page 2 bio in your passport – just for purposes of reference
Note: *a, d, and e might not be identified in the requirements but I still prepared them in case it is needed.
- Email the US Embassy in the Philippines: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the following:
- Subject: SURNAME, Name (example: DOE, John)
- State the following in Email body:
- Full name (including middle initial)
- Birth Place and Date
- Visa Type and Control Number (I included this for good measure)
- I narrated also what happened and if I have clarifications as well
- Attach the documents identified in item 1 above (scanned copy)
- I also emailed email@example.com beforehand for Fraud Prevention as it was advised to me initially by the Customer Service but they will direct you to the item number 2 email address asking you to do what is identified there
There is no automatic replacement of lost visas and I have yet to re-apply as I await for my new Philippine e-passport but I got a response that I should bring the original copies of my affidavit of loss and police report among other documents once I am to appear at the embassy.
Note that this will be a NEW Application and you shall go through the same process as how you applied yours before here: https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/ or http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-gen-faq.asp
Hope this help for those who are wondering how to report your lost valid US Visa.